Monday, October 21, 2013

Gran Area Ruta 2

Hola,

It has been another awesome week in the gran (great) area Ruta 2! I decided early last week that we were going to fix our map and area book up because they really were just terrible and so I talked with the zone leaders and we got this huge map that is like 1.5x1 meter and we are putting all of our investigators on it with pins and it is way better because before the missionaries would lose investigators because they didn´t know where they were and it was difficult to find your way around, but this should really help a lot. I want to leave this area a lot better off then I found it, and help the next missionaries to be successful. I have a picture of me by the map but I forgot my card 'cause there is a freak thunder storm right now and we had to run to the internet place and my umbrella broke. jaja (haha in Spanish) but it was pretty funny.

Another cool experience this week was going on exchanges with the zone leaders. I went into their area and worked with Elder Cortez. He is way capo (cool) and I learned a lot from him, especially about how to use the Book of Mormon more in our lessons which I think is way important it is kind of difficult because a lot of the people here don´t read all that well. though, I did find one guy who loved reading. He is deaf and so I wrote notes back and forth and gave him a Book of Mormon and pamphlet and he loved it so much. It was cool.

Yesterday was el dìa de madre. We gave little cards to a lot of the mothers that we are teaching and it was way cool. We gave one to the mother of one of our investigators (Lucas who is 9) and I think it has really warmed her up to us so hopefully she will give permission for him to be baptized this week. But it made me think a lot about how awesome my mom is! I really am so grateful for her and all that she has done to help me. I am especially grateful for her prayers (and all of your prayers) for me. We shared Moroni 8:3 with a family and it is Mormon telling Moroni that he is always praying for him. It made me think especially of how I know that my parents are always praying for me in every prayer and have always been praying for me. I know these prayers have blessed my life and given me the opportunities to learn and grow. I am so grateful for all of your prayers of support. When I am feeling down I can especially feel them.

Also, yesterday there was a bird in our apartment! jaja We walked in and it was kind of just sitting on the blanket thing we use to block the sun out of the window. We freaked it out a little and it flew straight for me and I just ran to the other side of the house and the bird hit the wall and Elder Peña was laughing his head off. jaja it was hilarious! So finally Elder Peña snuck up on it and grabbed it and it started screaming but he let it out the window and that was the end of that. jaja

Yesterday I was feeling a bit frustrated with my progress in the language and I was just kind of down and felt that a lot of our investigators just were not even trying to keep their commitments. But then we went and visited the Gayerdo (probably spelled wrong) family who I visited on my first day and I realized how much I really had learned. The first day I was hardly able to understand or say anything and during the visit yesterday I was able to understand so much and participate in the conversation and laugh with everyone. It was so nice! Then Elder Peña made a comment about how I had been in Argentina for ten days and I realized how foolish it was to be frustrated. In only ten days I have learned so much and I am continuing to learn like crazy. In my life before the mission I would usually experience some kind of trouble or trial and struggle but fairly quickly adjust and be ok. In the mission I am constantly being pushed and stretched and challenged. It is difficult but I am growing so much and it is awesome! I want to be pushed and pushed so that I can become an effective and reliable instrument in the hands of the Lord.

Well, sorry I don´t have any pictures this week. Next week I will try to remember to send some good ones! (Just kidding it was actually in my pocket the whole time)

´´Quedaos tranquilos, y sabed que yo soy Dios´´ -Psalms 46:10

Les quiero mucho,

Elder Hawk



La Pension


 Elder Peña

The Map

No comments:

Post a Comment