Tuesday, October 8, 2013

So I (Rand's mom) have been following a blog that is written by a sister in Rand's district, heading to Argentina with him today. This is what she wrote in the last paragraph of her post yesterday. I loved it and wanted to share. She also had some pictures that Rand was in so I thought I would share those too. It's been a blessing to me to read her blog. She will be an amazing missionary. I love you Hemana Crump even though I've never met you.


The people here in the MTC, particularly my district, have really become like family to me. I just have to say that I was, at first, a little skeptical of the idea of these 18-year-old boys coming out here and representing the Lord, but as I have spent so much time with them, I know that this is a revelation from God to send us here at such a young age. Their testimonies are so strong. As I sang Called to Serve one last time with these missionaries, I thought to myself, why in the world would all these teenagers, of their own free will, give up some of the best years of their lives, leave everything behind, solely to serve the Lord? Why? The only explanation is because this is true. This. Gospel. Is. True. I know it with my whole heart or I wouldn't be here. I am so excited to get out there and do this! 





No comments:

Post a Comment