Monday, November 11, 2013

La Situación Perfecta‏

Hola!

Its been a great week here in Argentina! It started out way good with a zone conference. I learned so much and we have such great leaders in this mission from top to bottom. As I was reflecting on this week and on that conference I realized how I really have been put in the perfect situation. Elder Peña really is the best trainer possible for me. He works really hard and puts me into situations that help me grow. He also doesn´t do everything for me and doesn´t always bail me out when I need help which really helps me to grow a lot. I also am in a great little city that has people who are prepared to hear the gospel and has the people who I need to meet who are helping me to grow and become better. Really, there are so many people who are here to help me and I am so grateful that I have been put here by the Lord. I truly am so blessed and so lucky and am learning so fast and becoming better everyday. And really I have my Heavenly Father to thank for that because he has put me in the exactly perfect situation for my growth as a missionary and as a person. And he also has put me here because there are people who I can help come closer to Christ. I really just feel so blessed!

 This week we traveled to Posadas which is about a 5 hour trip one way. We left the apartment at 3 in the morning and returned around 9 in the evening. Elder Peña had to sign some papers for his visa. But it was just really cool to see how much I had grown in just one month. It especially hit me when we were driving in the taxi and I thought about my first taxi ride to head out to Ruta. The contrast really is amazing! A month ago Elder Peña was talking to me and I understood close to nothing, I didn´t know what was going on or where we were going and I was really kind of nervous. But this time I could understand almost everything and could communicate so much better and I knew what was going on and was confident that I could survive. Ha ha But it really was such a huge difference and I am so grateful for how much I have grown.

 This week we were walking away from an appointment and we just had this feeling to go down a street that we always pass but never use. So we started walking and about 5 houses down we heard someone yell “Elders” and we turned and this women in a wheel chair invited us in her gate and she was crying and we started talking to her on her patio. Her name is Ambrosa and she moved to Ruta a few months ago. She is a member but hasn´t been to church for a long time because there was no building in her old city. And she told us how she had been having a really rough time with a lot of things and she prayed for help and within minutes she saw us walking down the road. It was so awesome and I was so glad we were where we needed to be at the right time. I know that God always answers a prayer said in faith and that we can help answer the prayers of others if we are doing what is right. Way cool.

 Well, that´s about it for now, other than the fact that the weather is suddenly extremely hot. Ha ha I almost passed out on Sunday because we have to wear our suits during church. But all is well and I am happy and healthy and learning way fast! Thanks for all your support and prayers!

 Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea.
 Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things. 

Jacob 4:6-7

Con amor, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment