Monday, February 10, 2014

El casamiento‏

Hola!

Well, another awesome, but very very crazy week here in Oberá! On Monday we finished all the preparations for the wedding and everything was good to go for Friday at 5. Then Thursday morning we get a text from Sister Rivero who lives nearby the Amarilla Family and said that Lili had her baby early that morning! So we passed by to talk to Marcelo and he was with the other 3 crazy kids and he told us that in the morning at 4:30 Lili had the baby...in their house!!! He delivered it with his mom´s help and said he was just praying the whole time for help. Then the ambulance came and took her to the hospital and he went and then came back to the house with the other 3 kids. So we started thinking about the wedding and we were going to postpone it but then realized that their blood test would expire, so we talked to Marcelo and he convinced the doctors to let her leave for awhile for the wedding. So, they got married and will be baptized in a week! They were so happy! Then, on Saturday we had a little ceremony for them at the church and attached is the picture of the cake that Elder Lumpkin and a member made.. haha  But it was really awesome to see how happy they were to be married and have the ability to continue in the gospel and be baptized.

This week I also had one of the most powerful priesthood experiences of my life. We were talking to Matias who was baptized like 5 months or so ago and he just was feeling way down and having a lot of bad thoughts. He felt alone and like his parents had abandoned him and that he just had no future. To be honest I had no idea what to tell him and everything I could think of sounded wrong. So we listened and then I stood up and we all went into the house and I gave him a priesthood blessing. I was just praying that my words would be led by the Spirit. In the instance that I put my hands on his head I literally felt the power of the priesthood run through my arms. I started to give him a blessing and we both were crying and I just knew exactly what to say. After, he told me that he could feel God´s love and that it was like Heavenly Father was talking directly to him. It was a very powerful experience. Then afterwards, we sat down again and Elder Muñoz shared a powerful experience of his life when he felt down and went to the scriptures for guidance. Afterwards, Matias was totally changed and just felt happier and more hopeful.

Also, we just got the changes and I will be going to El Dorado! I am going to miss Oberá a lot. It has become like my home and I have learned so much here. But I know that the Lord will always put me in the perfect situation for me and for those who I will come in contact with. I am excited for the future and I have full confidence in Elder Muñoz to continue the work that we started. I am so proud of him and know he will continue to be a great missionary.

I love this work and I love being a missionary! And I love all of you. Thank you for your unwavering support and prayers.

Con amor, Elder Hawk




No comments:

Post a Comment