Tuesday, July 8, 2014

De cosas mas importantes‏

Hola,

The mission just had its first birthday the 1st of July and at the leadership council (which was way awesome) there was a sweet cake and we are all getting t-shirts and we made a big flag with all our signatures. So that was pretty sweet. I also had to do more visa paperwork on Wednesday so we only had about a half week of work this week which was a bit rough. But what ended up happening is that basically we haven´t been able to meet with our progressing investigators for like 2 weeks and it had been making me pretty frustrated and upset and I wasn´t responding super well. I was without hope and then we had a fast for our investigators and none of them came to church.. however, on Sunday we went out with our ward mission leader and after a few good lessons we went to try and have a lesson with Gustavo Pedroso. He wasn´t home... however his girlfriend said he would be back that evening. So we went to visit Zuni and Joel and she said it would be better to pass another day, but I insisted a little bit more and she let us in. Finally, we were able to talk to them both together for the first time in like a month and it was a way powerful lesson! I had been thinking a lot about how incredibly blessed I am to have such an amazing family especially with Jace´s birthday this week. So I talked about families and about Jace and the Spirit was way strong. Our ward mission leader then talked about how much his family meant to him. We all felt the Spirit strong and we are having a family home evening with them today!

But as I was bearing my testimony I think that I was the one who learned the most. I said that to me it
 doesn´t matter if I have a super successful career or make a lot of money or have a nice house or am famous, etc. That these things don´t matter and don´t mean anything if I am not able to be with my family forever after this life. And it is true. But it also applies to the mission. If I am a leader and baptize hundreds of people, etc, etc but don´t change myself then what have I really accomplished? Nothing. What matters is that I and these people I am teaching can have eternal life and live forever with our families. And it doesn´t matter when or how it happens. It just matters that it happens. The truth is that two weeks in which we weren´t able to meet with these people probably won´t mean a whole lot to their eternal progression (I believe that they will one day be baptized and be strong members of the church). But these last two weeks have meant a lot to my eternal progression. I was praying and praying to make these people progress and make them do it now, but the Lord knows what is best for us and he sent me something better--he sent me an opportunity to learn patience and to understand more about His eternal plan. This is something that will not only bless me, but will help me to bless the lives of others forever. I am just grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who
doesn´t always give me what I want right when I want it, but gives me what I most need in the ideal moment.

Sometimes we think we know what we need and usually we are wrong. When we pray we should not ask for God to change our circumstances but rather ask Him what we need to learn from the circumstances He places us in and how we can change from them. Every day I realize how little I actually know, but even if I am rejected at every door I will always know that this is God´s work, that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the face of the earth and that it truly was restored by a prophet of God--Joseph Smith. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know He lives. I know it and I can never deny it.

3 Nephi 14:9-11

Con amor, Elder Hawk

Fotos: La Zona, Sunset, Elder Acevedo got bit by a little dog. haha





The three following pictures are courtesy of hermanacamicrump.blogspot.com

MTC Family Reunited


No comments:

Post a Comment