Monday, December 2, 2013

Buenos tardes!

It has been a challenging week but I have been learning a lot. Elder Muñoz and I worked like crazy and had a lot of lessons. We had lots of people who said they would be going to church and we even woke up early on Sunday morning to go find two investigators and come with them to church. We walked for like a half hour and when we got there another person answered the door and said they weren´t there. So we walked back and I was hoping someone would show up to sacrament meeting but nobody did. It was pretty rough and I was feeling down and frustrated and prayed for help. I was pretty upset because we had worked so hard and there were so many people who really needed to be at church to show their faith and solve the trials in their lives. I prayed to have the wisdom to know what to do and how to do better the next week but I was really just feeling pretty down. After sacrament one of the members came up to me and talked about his mission where he didn´t have any baptisms for 3 months in an area that  hadn´t baptized for 2 years. He said I just needed to be patient and not lose my hope and excitement for the work. This helped me a lot to realize that I just need to be patient and do my best. I also realized that I need to just focus less on myself and how I measure my success and focus on the people.

Afterwards, the Lord sent me the wisdom I had asked for. One of the members came up to me and said that we had passed her house a few times and gave us her cell phone number and offered to help us with lessons or things if we needed it. It was a blessing and also a reminder that we need to start working with the members more. And today the assistants showed up and taught us how we can get people to come to church and had some really good ideas. So I was blessed with what I needed, but in the Lord´s time.

This week I really saw a lot of my weaknesses but the Lord has said "Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit;" (D&C 35:13).  I am weak and I am not going to be perfect ever. But the Lord can still use me to do great things. I just need to be patient and improve little by little every day.

I love you all so much and am so thankful for your examples and your prayers. I am ready to have an awesome week!

Ether 2:27 "I will make weak things strong unto them"

Con amor, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment