Monday, January 13, 2014

Conocer Las Personas Realmente‏

Hola!

Well it has been one of the best weeks in the mission so far! It has been a big learning process to be a trainer and to just have to rely totally on the Spirit to know what to do, but our hard work is starting to pay off!

The coolest part of this week was just listening to people´s life stories. We have an investigator named Ricard who had an abusive father who left him and his alcoholic mother when he was 9 years old. His mom didn´t work so he had to work from the age of nine in order to provide for himself and his mom. He told us that he suffered a lot and at times would go days without food. Then he met a guy who gave him a house to live in and helped him find a job and it totally saved him from this situation. Now he has a pretty nice house and land and is able to provide for his family. He also told us that he totally has forgiven his dad and his mom which I found incredible! He said that sometimes he just thinks of all the things that happened in his life and just feels horrible so he smokes sometimes. We taught him about the Atonement and that he could be healed from these things if he was willing to put his faith in the Lord. It was pretty incredible to hear all that and to see that he actually turned out alright despite all the opposition in his life. It made me very grateful for all the blessings I have had in my life. I was born in basically the perfect situation so I definitely need to be out here helping others!

This week we found the Amarilla Family and they are way awesome! They are super humble and live in this tiny house and right now the power and water is cut off and they have three little kids. They came to church this Sunday and it was awesome to see the branch rally around them. Everyone was helping out with their kids and being very welcoming and it just made me feel so good to see so many people helping out this family who really needs it. Yesterday after church we met with them and they loved the meeting and we talked to them about baptism and they accepted a baptismal date and are way excited to keep preparing. He even destroyed all the cigarettes he had with him and committed to quit so he can receive the blessings of baptism. I am so excited for them!

I guess the best thing I learned this week was to teach more by the Spirit. All of our good experiences this week came from when I just totally tried to focus on the person and what they were saying and then responded with the Spirit and answered their question or talked about something that was bothering them. Without divine guidance we can´t truly help these people. Because God knows what they need and if we listen carefully he will tell us so that we can help these people truly change their lives. It is pretty amazing that I can help these people change their lives truly and permanently. I love being a missionary so much! I am blessed every single day and I love these people more than I am capable on my own. It is a great blessing!

Thank you all for your support and prayers and love! I love you!

Con amor, Elder Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment