Monday, January 6, 2014

Hola hola!

I have started saying things twice is Spanish in a row this week for some reason. Like bueno bueno so I am trying to break the habit.

This was a pretty crazy week. We had transfers and Elder Muñoz and I are staying here in Oberá! But Elder Tetedoux is going to be a district leader and Hermana Houtz is going to be a sister training leader and Oberá is now a zone and we are living with the zone leaders. There are a lot of young missionaries in leadership positions and all of the sisters from my district in the MTC are training now which is pretty cool. After two more transfers they are pretty sure there will be more sisters than elders! The mission is growing a lot and there are a lot of young missionaries out and it is way awesome. Pretty exciting stuff.

This week was exciting because we finally were able to really teach the family Vasquez. A few weeks ago I couldn´t sleep and I was thinking about this family and I just all of a sudden had a lesson plan come to my mind and so I wrote it down on a paper and then I went straight to sleep. But we still hadn´t been able to talk with them until this week. We called our appointments on Monday and they said that Tuesday would be better so we didn´t know what we were going to do. So we decided to pass by the Family Vasquez. When we got there we followed the lesson plan and it was way powerful! We talked about the blessings of having parents who are good examples and how the parents can change the lives of the children and their responsibility. We shared the story of Enos and a few others and we felt the Spirit so strong. And they came to church Sunday! And they really enjoyed it and our excited to keep coming. It was way cool!

Also, we had interviews with President LaPierre. We talked for like 45 minutes again. haha I could probably keep him talking for 2 hours if I wanted to. But it really is awesome that he takes his time with everyone individually like that and he gave me a lot of really good advice. He is the man! And I got to talk to Sister LaPierre and she told me her conversion story and it was way cool! It´s also funny how direct she is with the missionaries sometimes. One of the Elder´s had a really tattered shirt and she told him off and said he needed to throw it in the garbage. haha It was pretty funny.

Also, this week we went to Corrientes to do visa papers and I got McDonald's which was pretty exciting. And thank you all for the package! It was way awesome and delicious and the kids will love those toys! Thanks for everyone who sent letters as well! I love you all and am grateful for your support!

Con amor, Elder Hawk

Missionaries in front of a huge Catholic Cathedral

"Sunsets here in Argentina are even better than in Arizona"

McDonald's in Argentina is delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment