Monday, January 27, 2014

Cuando sale el sol‏

HOLA!

Well this has been a great week. We worked like crazy and found a lot of knew possible investigators and have been helping a lot of people progress and improve.

But first of all, I love Oberá! The attached pictures are a sample of some of the amazing sunsets we have had here. They are even better than in Arizona! The people here are all so humble and friendly and they believe in God and try o live good lives based on the knowledge they have. This place really has become my home and I love it so much. I have met so many amazing people and I am changing for the better every day. I hope I get the chance to stay a bit longer but we will see what the Lord has planned for me.

This week we had a lesson with Marcelo and Lily and Hermano Rivero came along with us. We were talking and then they told us about a miracle that they experienced together a long time ago. Marcelo was super sick and couldn´t even hardly walk or do anything. He really was close to death, but he prayed for help and then Hermana Rivero should up and offered a prayer with him and he stood up and she took him to the church nearby the house that she was a member of. Now, years later she was with us outside his house to help him yet again have the faith to be healed and baptized to follow Christ. It was a very powerful experience and he told us that he believed in the Book of Mormon and everything and is just waiting and praying for his wife to gain the same answer to her prayers. They will be baptized one day. Maybe not by me, but the Lord used me to play a part in this experience and that is the real success.

I have also been struck this week by how the Lord sends us to people when they are in a position to accept the gospel. It just seemed like every person we talked to this week had something that was going on in their lives or that recently happened such as a death in the family, separation from a spouse, moving to a new area, having a baby, etc. We were able to talk about these experiences and promise them blessings if they would act in faith on the message we have to share. When we are doing what it right, the Lord provides. He provides these people with an opportunity to find the peace that is so difficult to find in life.

We might not have the outward success with the numbers, but I know the Lord is pleased with our efforts and we are fulling our purpose to invite others to come unto Christ. More than anything, we are being changed and becoming better by the service that we have the opportunity to give. It has been amazing to see the changes in Elder Muñoz especially. I am so proud of him and am excited to see all the great things he will do on the mission and in life. We are constantly and continually blessed here in Oberá.

I love you all and am so grateful for your prayers and support. I know that your faith is helping to guide us to those prepared for the gospel and helping us to teach by the Spirit so we can help these people change their lives. I love being a missionary!

Con amor, Elder Hawk

 Beautiful Sunsets in Obera

No comments:

Post a Comment