Tuesday, May 19, 2015

El compromiso‏

Hola,

This week I have learned a lot about the importance of commitment and covenants. President LaPierre talked about it in the leadership council and it has been on my mind. He said that Joseph Smith was able to pass through what he passed through in Liberty Jail and came out a changed man because he covenanted with the Lord. When we unite ourselves with Him and are faithful we have power to overcome any trial that comes our way and learn and grow from it. It will all give us experience and be for our good.

The temple dedication is Còrdoba was transmitted to the stake center here and it was incredible. I didn`t expect for it to feel like the actual temple but it really did. I was just in there considering things in the Spirit of the temple and I realized things I need to improve on, but I didn`t recognize them with discouragement and frustration like I used to. I saw that working to improve and progress and helping others to do the same is really the greatest, most exciting and satisfactory adventure that anyone can experience in life. When we have covenanted with God we can work together with Him to accomplish this. That is why the covenants of the temple are so important. I love the temple and I am going to follow the counsel of President Uchtdorf and make temple attendance a regular and uplifting experience for my whole life. What a blessing it is to live so close to the temple.

Matìas was baptized by his father on Saturday. There is a different Spirit when a father can baptize his son. It was perhaps one of the sweetest moments of my mission to see father and son dressed in white in the waters of baptism. That family is going to be a powerful force here in Tacuari as well as the other people I have been able to help here. When they decided to come back to church they entered again into a working relationship with the Lord and are going to improve and progress. It was a pleasure to be a part of it.

And Julio Caceres went to the baptism!! We talked to him on Thrusday about how when we commit to follow a course like read the scriptures we are committing to follow Christ. He said we desired to change and we each shared experiences about how we committed ourselves to follow Christ by accepting an invitation to ACT. I shared about the time when Dad came into my room when I was fighting with Parker and Becca and read me Moroni 7:48 and invited me to pray for charity. I don`t know if he remembers it but he left the room and I stayed there battling with myself and then I accepted the invitation to follow Christ and knelt down and prayed. By accepting that invitation I began to change step by step. I still haven`t made it too far, but by committing myself to improve the Lord began to work in my life. He was afraid to commit but he came to the baptism and said that it motivated him a lot! He also told me that he began to read the Book of Mormon! He knows just as I know that his time is rapidly coming. I hope he sees the importance and decides to commit himself to the Lord by being baptized.

Some questions that we should all consider: Am I truly fulfilling the covenants and commitments I have made with the Lord and allowing Him to change me? What can I do to commit myself more to God?

Nothing is better than being committed to the Lord. It is a very difficult, heart-wrenching, soul-stretching experience, but nothing is more satisfying and it is the only way we can truly be happy.

We just got the changes and I will be training anew missionary in Miguel Lanus and white washing the area! I am going to be a district leader. I am so pumped! It has been an amazing experience here in Tacuari but I am excited for another adventure.

Congrats to Parker for graduating! Also congrats to Danielle and Jordan for making an adorable baby! haha I love you all so much!

Con amor, Elder Hawk

Matias's Baptism

 Elder Hawk putting down the hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment